Wednesday 5 August 2015

REVIEW: Lamora Beauty Eye Brushes

I'm always on the hunt for new makeup brushes and I recently got these eye makeup brushes by a company called Lamora Beauty if you sign up on their page they'll give you FREE products and other exclusive discounts! 

I got them from Amazon here. They also came with a cylinder brush holder which would be great to use when travelling! 

I haven't heard much about this company so I was sceptical at first but after using them for a couple of weeks I think I can give you guys an in-depth review.

(L-R) Small Shader, Precise Shader, Angled Shader, Blending Brush, Classic Shader, Detailed Pencil, Angled Detailer 


(L-R) Angled Detailer, Detailed Pencil, Classic Shader, Blending Brush, Angled Shader, Precise Shader, Small Shader    


 These are my top 3 brushes from the set

(Top-Bottom) Detailed Pencil, Blending Brush, Angled Shader)


Detailed Pencil


This is not a typical pencil brush, the bristles are a lot longer and stiffer than the Sigma E30, so I don't use this to blend out eye shadow in my lower lash line. I love using this brush for my inner corner highlight as it fits into it perfectly. It's also great for smudging out liner on the top lash line.


Blending Brush


I LOVE this brush. The only blending brush I ever owned was the one that came in the Naked 2 palette by Urban Decay so I desperately needed a new one. It's always nice to have 2 big fluffy blending brushes especially when doing a smokey eye. This brush is a must have in your collection, I use it to buff a transition shade into my crease and also to blend out the eye shadow on the lid to get rid of harsh lines. 
The brush is super soft too!


Angled Shader




As most of you know, I love my claws so it's difficult for me to get into my NYX Eye Shadow Base pot without digging my nail into it and ruining the product. This brush has been a saviour! I swirl it into the product, apply it onto my lids and blend it out. It blends out the eye shadow base effortlessly.

I also like to use it to blend out my under eye concealer/highlight. I used to use the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge but I always felt that it just absorbed most of the product and left me with a lighter coverage. The brush gives me a fuller coverage and no streakiness! 


Overall thoughts


PROS:

- Synthetic hairs: easier to clean
- Good for beginners as the set contains all the essential eye brushes
- The bristles don't shed

CONS:

- A few of the brushes are too dense which makes them stiffer than I would like them to be


Is it worth it?


I personally don't think you need the entire set, if they sold the brushes individually then I would definitely recommend you get my top 3 brushes.


Let me know if you decide to purchase them or if you already own them what are your thoughts on them?

Love, Sachini

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment